Our world....

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!



Well, I know it has been awhile again! Let me just give you the latest update...We all finally recovered from being sick. Leanna needed antibotic for another ear infection. One more and she will have to go to ENT. Alyssa and I both developed sinus infections and also needed antibotics. Emily was sick again the day before and the day of Valentines day with a fever. Although she had to miss Valentines day at school, she was able to recover quickly. Emily has gotten really proficient on her bike without training wheels and moved up to a bigger bike. Leanna took over the smaller bike and is now off of her tricycle! I actually had them both ride their bike all the way to our neighborhood park which is probably a little over half a mile. Well it wasn't so easy for me because Emily can't start off by herself yet, so every time she stops, I have to run up and give her a start. Then Leanna will get distracted and start riding right off the curb! Good thing for helmets! Alyssa was kind enough to be seen with me and her sisters to help me one way but I was on my for the way back after we played. Isn't it just awesome that in January and February we can be out riding bikes and going to the park? I LOVE it here! I have surprisingly started running - or I should say jogging. Never in my life have I run more than two miles before as of late. Now I have gotten up to 4 miles at once without stopping and with hills! I can hardly believe it myself!
Alyssa is thinking of trying out for cheer next year and tryouts are coming up again. She is also thinking of running track for the spring. I am thinking of having Emily and Leanna take swim lessons for the spring for our busy swim season here in Texas.
Last night, we took the little girls to the planetarium to learn about the planets with the Ales boys. Alyssa had to work at the school dance.
We are also planing an upcoming Michigan vacation this summer and hope to see everyone we know!
Above is a picture of the girls doing "science experiments" with their Valentines candy which is way better than eating it!

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger alesworld said...

Can you help me exercise too?

 
At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks 4 the suprise! Alyssa's picture is stunning! Emily and Leanna are growing beautifully into womanhood! Oh! My! Yeah for bikes and balance and helmets! and a big sister as Angel Guardian! Alyssa, Gma recall's a scary bike ride downhill on Mound road! U were Leanna's age. We were safe at bottom of the hill and you wisely said "Time to put the bikes away"! wE ESCAPED INJURY! Keep posting about my 3 Little Women and how they are growing! You're Beautiful!!! Oma

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming soon to Kristin's Kitchen !
QUINOA! (keen-wa) a whole grain with ancient roots in Inca farming communities of the Andes in South America. The Inca's referred to Quinoa as the Mother Grain and science calls it one of the best sources of protein in the vegetable kingdom! It provides all essential amino acids standing alone as a complete protein grain (wheat and glueten free)! Stay tuned for a Family eval coming to you in the March Blog!!! Complete with recipe if meets approval! ...lime, cilantro, black beans, corn, red onion, tri colored peppers... colorful, cool Quinoa salad 4 Summer! Love Oma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home