Our world....

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Emily!! 5!!!!


Hello again! Emily had a very fun pool party for her fifth birthday! No one has ever met a child that loves her birthday so much. All day she just kept saying how much she loved loved loved her birthday. She never even wanted to go to sleep. The night before her birthday however, Emily complained that she has been waiting SO LONG for her birthday and every one else had theirs before hers! Now she has to wait one more year..As you can see her Aunt Noel made her a lovely princess cake. She also got a great princess pinata from Mexico that the kids hit untill all the candy and toys came out.
Also, we have had MAJOR computer problems so I was unable to blog in a timely manner. It looks like we lost some pictures from this year and perhaps some video. I also probably lost all but one of my psych reports I wrote this year. I usually use my old ones to help write my new ones. I will just have to track down my hard copies. Good lesson in backing things up!

Anyways after our trip to South Padre, I took Alyssa and Selina shopping at the mall Sat. night and the girls bought a few things. Then Sunday we went on my brother-in-laws (Gregg's) boat. We all tubed and some of us wake boarded. That was fun too! Then for many days we just have been swimming and swimming!
.

On Friday we went to Six Flags over Texas with Noel, Gregg, and my neighbors. We spent 9 hours there. We did most of the water park and then rode some rides. We watched a dancing show and the girls wanted a picture with the dancing girls. I don't know what I was thinking but the big girls talked me into riding the crazy upside down really fast roller coaster and I felt really sick for quite awhile after that!

Today, Emily had her dance recital downtown. It was really cute. Here is a picture with her dress and make-up on.
Then we went to the mall downtown, the Alamo, the riverwalk, and then ate at the Rain Forest Cafe. Selina thought that was pretty cool with all the animals etc.
Leanna had no nap all day and Emily has been short on sleep so they went straight to bed. So then the girls spent a few hours next door swimming some more!! What a life!!


3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you never disappoint OMA!!!! I love your cake and pinata, Princess Emily! I wish I could have been in Texas to celebrate with you! Alyssa, you and Selina look like you are having a grand time and you are prettier than the dancing girls! Lot's of memories being made! I am so glad you guys are getting a chance to exercise your German skills again. It is such a plus to speak more than one language! I bought a very beginner Spanish CD but have only listened x1! I know Nolan and Emily will start Spanish in kindergarten and soon be talking circles around us ! Luv Y'all! Oma

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Billie said...

Happy 5th Birthday Emily! You look so beautiful in your recital outfit:)

How long is Salina staying? Looks like you are having a lot of fun!
Billie

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Cute pics of some pretty cute kids as always! Hey what happened to your counter?? Gracie can hardly wait to see her cousins!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home