Our world....

Monday, October 02, 2006

Camping is not for everyone....







One night of camping couldn't be that bad..right?? That is what I told myself before we left. My main concerns were bugs, bathrooms, and Leanna sleeping in a tent. Fortunately the mosquites were not out and the bathrooms were clean. But we had to watch out for fire ants and keep the swarms of flies from our food. Emily made some friends her age and we had good company (people from Damien's work). But the worst part was sleeping. Or the lack of sleeping. First, it was too noisy untill about 1:30am for me to sleep (radio, talking etc.) Then Leanna and Emily were up from 1:30 untill 5:00am! Emily just said she couldn't sleep and Leanna was just confused. Then we were all up at 7:30 in the morning. I just really don't get the camping thing. Although, Alyssa and Emily said they really had fun. The scenery was nice but I think we could have just gone for the day and skipped all the packing, unpacking and now laundry!

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Kristin-I didn't realize that you weren't the camping type! I love the pic of Alyssa with the deer in the background!

Amy

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, it sounds as though you had as great as a time as we thought you would : ) Alyssa looks soooo much older in that top picture....It's only been since august and the girls all look so much older....

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the camping trip. Great family photo! Thank goodness for your blog- because even though I live next door I probably would never see these pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home